Metalastik Fork Bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metalastik Fork Bushes

Hi, I have been stripping down my Greeves leading link forks for refurbishment and painting. On checking out the bushes I took note of the numbers but can find no cross reference for them. They are: METALASTIK 13/863/1 and Patent No. 681464, there could be a small bit of buff/brown paint on the rubber, not sure if that could be the remains of the rubber code. These numbers are readable but not too defined on the rubber. These are on the lightweight forks, pre those with the loop tube passing under the bush housings. Not sure of the model the forks came from but appear to be of the competition type with the arched cut outs at the front bottom of the forks. The forks will be fitted to a trials bike, parts from various sources??
    Can any one make sense of the numbers, please?

Brian Thompson has posted information on Metalastic fork bush part numbers on this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...+Bushes&page=2
    These are Greeves part numbers., but if yours has Brown paint it would be
    8A/FA101 40 shore BROWN (soft)
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 20/07/2015, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Hi John, many thanks for responding. I had seen the Greeves part numbers but they don't relate to the Metalastik numbers which are imprinted on the rubber bushes. The brown paint may or may not be the shore code as there is only a smidgen of something!! Just wondered if someone could cross reference these numbers?

Comment

Working...
      X