Handlebars for Scramblers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebars for Scramblers.

Thinking ahead (a long way ahead) about the 'Bickers' type of handlebar, would I be right in thinking that these are 1" dia?
    I presume swaged down to 7/8" to accept levers etc.

Thanks
    Colin
    Attached Files

Originally posted by cray View Post
    Thinking ahead (a long way ahead) about the 'Bickers' type of handlebar, would I be right in thinking that these are 1" dia?
    I presume swaged down to 7/8" to accept levers etc.

Thanks
    Colin

Hi Colin,

The 'bars on my MX1 are 1", but only swaged down on the throttle side.
    So, the throttle is 7/8", and I think the brake lever is 7/8" too, but the left hand grip and the clutch lever are 1".

Cheers,
    Andrew

Comment

Hello Andrew,
      Thanks for that, but how odd about the clutch side being 1"
      Are 1" levers still around I wonder.

Cheers
      Colin

Comment

The original bickers bars are 7/8" diameter , i think Adrian Dickerson of this Parish makes them .

The inch bars are inch because that was the best high tensile steel at the time , painted because chroming destroys the strength of HT steel .

Plenty of 1" levers on ebay , or I suspect terry sewell has them .

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by riflegreen View Post
          The original bickers bars are 7/8" diameter , i think Adrian Dickerson of this Parish makes them .

The inch bars are inch because that was the best high tensile steel at the time , painted because chroming destroys the strength of HT steel .

Plenty of 1" levers on ebay , or I suspect terry sewell has them .

Chris
          Thanks Chris
          Useful and interesting info.

I will have to pursue Adrian

Cheers
          Colin

edit due to typo

Comment

Hi cray, chris is absolutely right, i use adrians, bickers replicas, & they are superb, cheap as well!, in fact, i think, adrian still takes green shield stamps..... dave.

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
              Hi cray, chris is absolutely right, i use adrians, bickers replicas, & they are superb, cheap as well!, in fact, i think, adrian still takes green shield stamps..... dave.
              Hi Dave

does he take a co-op divi number as well?

Colin

Comment

Well I got my 'Bickers bars' this morning, what can I say that hasn't already been said?
                Excellent product and at a bargain price. Well chuffed !!
                Thank you for those that pointed me to Adrian & thanks again Adrian for such prompt service and a handsome set of bars.

Colin

Comment

Handlebars For Greeves Scramblers - Factory Specs.

Have a look at post #2 of this thread in the 'GRA Members' only area for factory specs of handlebars/bends for Greeves scrambles models; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=4737

Brian.

Comment

Is it ok to chrome Adrian's bars?

Comment

They were painted originally....

Comment

If the report of the 737 that landed and lost it's undercarriage is correct, I'd leave them painted. For those that have not seen it, the report blamed heat during the chroming process??????

Comment

Brian

You have teased us with half a story. Was it a UK made undercarriage?

Greeves chose to paint high tensile wheel rims, and handle bars due to hydrogen embrittlement associated to the electroplating process.

Comment

Phil, I quoted from one of the "Daily Mail" articles on Facebook. The type that leave more questions than answers......I think your analysis might be nearer the truth.

Comment

Bickers Bars( not snickers )

Can someone give me the number of Adrain as have a 61 with some spare Husky bars at mo😂😂👍and will he accept Drachma
                              Ray

Comment

Working...
                              X